Meet the first half of the Macaroon Collection from NYX. Available in the UK only from Top Shop, each lipstick costs £7.00 each. These are the first six, featuring some pretty blues and a lime green.
- Rose is the first and it is a pretty pink colour. It’s nice and wearable, with the best coverage but it’s a bit on the light side for me.
- Orange Blossom is a lovely pastel orange. Also very wearable with good coverage.
- Key Lime is as the name suggests lime green in colour. It’s got quite poor coverage, definitely needing a liner to help with the depth of colour. One of the least wearable shades but good for Halloween or just to freak people out.
- Blue Velvet is a bright blue lipstick. Given the colour of this lipstick, it has really nice coverage. It’s a really pretty sky blue.
- Violet is unsurprisingly violet in colour. It’s also got really nice coverage. It’s one of my favourites in this set.
- Pistachio is a green, it photographs much bluer than it is in real life. Again with the poorer coverage but still a nice colour.
Are these colours worth £7. In my opinion no. The really unusual colours don’t have great coverage. They’re pretty poor for the price. They perform more like the £1 lipsticks I get from Makeup Revolution. So I have to say I’m not impressed. They have a fairly short wear time of a couple of hours and will come off on anything you eat or drink.
Do I like them? Yes because they’re unusual colours but that’s it really. You can get better out there but they are more expensive. To me it’s worth it.