Calling all Holosexuals, Cristine has released nail polishes. There’s a launch collection that costs $60 (£66.70 including shipping to the UK). You can also get the polishes separately for $11-$13 each. They have 12ml of product and a 12-month of shelf life once opened (although nail polish doesn’t really expire). They are vegan and cruelty-free.
The Holo Taco Launch Collection comes in a limited edition holographic collectors box and includes three different holo tacos for three unique rainbow effects. The holo tacos can be layered over the included one-coater black, blue creme, or any other polish you got.
Set includes: Linear Holo Taco, Flakie Holo Taco, Scattered Holo Taco, One-Coat Black, Royal-Tea Blue
These are the first releases from Cristine’s line of nail polish. The launch collection was available for everyone to buy after the initial ones were sent ou to the beauty gurus for review. It’s sold out twice but should be back for a third and final time.
The box, well, I think getting the set is worth it alone for the box. The outside is matte with a holographic finish that features tacos and cd symbols (that have come to mean holographic). It’s also got the words Holo Taco embossed on the from in holographic print.
Then there’s the inside. It’s holographic everything!
The boxes the polishes come in are the same black holographic nature as the collection box. All of the important details for the polishes, like ingredients are on the boxes rather than the bottles, so you might want to save them for future reference.
So let’s look at the polishes themselves. There is all five from the launch in this collection. One Coat Black, Royal Tea, Linear Holo, Scattered Holo and Flakie Holo.
Let’s start with the cream polishes. One Coat Black and Royal Tea. They cost $11 each.
One Coat Black is as the name suggests a one coat black polish. I love these kinds of polishes because it reduces the drying time. It’s a little bit on the thicker side than regular polish but given that makes it one coat I’m okay with that.
Royal Tea is a primary blue and a little thicker in the formula. It’s also not perfectly opaque in one coat. The swatch above is two coats. I really like the blue of this.
They’re fairly chip resistant and go on well. The main reason I wanted both was that they go well with a previous collab Cristine did with Fun Lacquer.
On the right is the two polishes (How deep is your holo? and Black holo witch), which are glitter polishes. They go really well over her new colours (on the left).
On to the Holo!
She released three toppers. Now while these are called Top Coats, they do not function as topcoats. They are toppers to place beautiful holographicness on your nails. They cost $13 each.
There are three of them. A scattered holo, flakie holo and a linear holo.
It’s not easy to photograph holo but I think I did a decent job. Here’s them over the cream polishes.
I really like these, obviously, over the black, the holo shows up better. They’re going to be great for making any design or cream polish a little more fun.
They’re about as chip resistant as your average polish but I did find they dried fairly fast, which is great as you can layer them quite quickly for a better holo effect. My favourite of the three is the flakie holo and I’ll certainly be getting that one again.
I like these polishes. I do hope she finds a UK supplier as ordering from the USA is expensive. The postage (shipping) costs more than a single polish.
If you’d like to get your hands on some of these they’re available at HoloTaco.com for $11-$13 each.
- Linear Holo Taco: Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, n-Butyl Alcohol, Aluminum, Propylene Glycol n-Propyl Ether, Magnesium Fluoride
- Flakie Holo Taco: Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, n-Butyl Alcohol, Silver Aluminum Powder
- Scattered Holo Taco: Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, n-Butyl Alcohol, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Aluminum, Trifunctional Acrylate
- One-Coat Black: Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic, Anhydride Copolymer, Acetylated Hydrogenated Castor Glyceride, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Black 2 (CI 77266), Stearalkonium Hectorite, Stearalkonium Bentonit, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, Citric Acid
- Royal-Tea Blue: Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Ultramarines (CI 77007), Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic, Anhydride Copolymer, Nitrocellulose, SD Alcohol 40-B, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Silica, Diethylhexyl Adipate, n-Butyl Alcohol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone-1, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Stearalkonium Bentonite, Diacetone Alcohol, Citric Acid, Violet 2 (CI 60725)