Fortune Favours the Brave is the original collaboration palette from Revolution Beauty. It costs £9.99 online or in your local store. There’s 15g of product and it has a 12-month shelf life once opened.
There are 30 shades included, 6 of which are baked shimmer shades. The palette includes a large mirror and a double-ended brush. The brush itself is rather nice.
- Glimmer – Satin light gold shade with subtle shimmer
- Buffer – Matte pink-brown transition shade
- Peachy – Rose-gold shimmer shade
- Hope – Metallic greyish brown
- Fortune – Shimmery gold
- Skylight – Blue with gold shimmer
- Transformer – Matte Ink-blue
- Midnight Rainbow – Saturated metallic midnight blue with shimmer
- Ice Cloud – White with gold shimmer
- Golden Coins – Duochrome Gold glitter
- Cashmere – A shimmery brown
- Tip Top – Muted Khaki shade
- Yes Please – Shimmery Khaki gold
- Green Machine – Sea Green shimmer
- Smoothie – Matte dark green
- Caffeine Fix – Matte plain dark brown
- Latte – Matte terracotta brown
- Pink Diamond – Shimmery ice pink with white glitter
- Creme – Matte creme shade
- Drama Queen – Satin Burgundy
- Lonely Planet – Blue and purple satin with hints of pink shimmer
- Blacqua – Matte black
- Soft – Matte Baby pink
- New World – White and gold shimmer
- Favour – Wine with gold shimmer
- Sunset Hour – Saturated rose gold with copper
- Super Gold – Metallic foiled gold
- Winning – Matte berry shade
- Brave – Metallic dark purple
- The Revolution – Chocolate brown with gold shimmer
There’s a nice spread of colours in this palette making it good for day and night looks. There’s a few that didn’t swatch well but work much better on the eye.
Green Machine for example swatched badly but does work well on the eye. I say well, it needs building as some of the others do. So it depends on what you’re looking for if you like that. I do, depending on the situation. The advantage of buildable shades is you’re less likely to make mistakes but of course, that takes more time.
Overall I like it, although it’s by far my favourite palette from Revolution. It’s quite a muted palette, so if you’re into those tones and don’t mind the odd shade that needs a little building you’ll like this.
Get yours at Revolution Beauty for £9.99