So I am going to start posting a little update to my collection every month rather than empties. This year I’m on a RONB (Replacement Only No Buy) and as part of that, I’m tracking my collection. I want to keep an eye on it as things can creep in, as they have done this month. So if you’re interested to see the movement of my items and why they’ve shifted how they have, stay tuned.
So I did buy some items this month, received some for my birthday and found a few that I hadn’t listed. A lot of the items I hadn’t listed were duplicates (or backups) of items already on my inventory but I decided it would be better if they were listed too. I expect I will see an overall increase in the value of almost all my sections due to this.
- Micellar Water
- Nail Cleanser
- Gel No Wipe Top Coat
- Polish to Gel Mixer
- Venus XL 2
- Cherry Slime Lipgloss
- Poisonberry Lipstick
While I am not tracking nail polish, I have bought a few items as I’m attempting to use my gel polish this year. Since polish is beauty related I decided to track any spending there, even if I’m not tracking the total value.
Let’s address the elephant in the room, my purchase of the Venus XL 2. January is my birthday month and while I did say I would wait I have a spare space in the palette rack and of course birthday money. So I bought it with the lipgloss from that collection I wanted. I did also buy Poisonberry, this is a replacement because my original one is currently missing. All my lipsticks are here except that one.
So the collection totals!
|Blush||£152.98 (15)||£171.99 (15)||+£19.01 (0)|
|Brows||£43.99 (9)||£43.99 (9)||£0 (0)|
|Concealer||£78 (10)||£82 (11)||+£4 (1)|
|Contour||£126.97 (11)||£125.48 (9)||-£1.49 (-2)|
|Eye Liner||£345.42 (37)||£285.93 (36)||-£59.49 (-1)|
|Eye Primer||£101.90 (11)||£101.90 (11)||£0 (0)|
|Eyeshadow Loose||£326.14 (33)||£326.14 (33)||£0 (0)|
|Eyeshadow Palettes||£1331.77 (77)||£1381.77 (78)||£50 (1)|
|Eyeshadow Single||£350.01 (36)||£369.91 (38)||£19.90 (2)|
|Face Primer||£231.98 (14)||£207.48 (14)||-£24.50 (0)|
|Fixing Spray||£18 (3)||£18 (3)||£0 (0)|
|Foundation||£155.99 (11)||£170.97 (14)||£14.98 (3)|
|Highlighter||£233.43 (21)||£248.44 (25)||£15.01 (4)|
|Lip Gloss||£125 (17)||£181 (23)||£56 (6)|
|Lip Liner||£155.94 (28)||£155.94 (28)||£0 (0)|
|Lip Topper||£216 (12)||£216 (12)||£0 (0)|
|Lipstick||£694.49 (59)||£750.48 (63)||£55.99 (4)|
|Liquid Lipstick||£1315 (109)||£1471 (112)||£156 (3)|
|Mascara||£87.96 (8)||£87.96 (8)||£0 (0)|
|Powder||£62.49 (9)||£67.47 (11)||£4.98 (2)|
|Setting Spray||£59.99 (4)||£6.99 (1)||-£53 (-3)|
Let’s start at the top.
- Blush Something interesting has happened here, there’s a rise in value but not items. I added an item I hadn’t destashed back in and removed an item from that shelf that’s really just a contour palette.
- Brows have remained the same. This one I expect will probably not change. Most of the items are pomades and take a long time to use. The one pencil that might go out is a natural colour and my hair is currently not.
- Concealer has gone up by one item that I was going to destash but I am actually using.
- Eyeliner – I ummmmm don’t know what’s happened here. I’ve clearly destashed some more expensive items and found I had some cheaper ones.
- Eyeshadow Palettes – That there is the venus XL 2 effect.
- Eyeshadow Singles has gone up by two because I’ve listed some backups.
- Face Primer has dropped in value if not in the count. I finished one and listed a backup I’d forgotten about.
- Foundation has gone up due to a couple of foundations I found in my locker at work.
- Highlighter has increased because I completely forgot to add on my purchases from Halloween!
- Lipgloss is a hard one to take. I completely forgot about a few items in my last years total so it’s jumped a lot.
- Lipsticks I can thank a couple of forgotten items and my last Pink Parcel for the jump in items and value.
- Liquid Lipsticks is again the forgotten items brought back into the total.
- Powders is another ‘items I didn’t actually destash readded to my collection’.
- Setting Sprays might look like a victory but actually, I realised a spray I was using as a setting spray wasn’t actually one. So they’ve been moved to a new category in skin care. I have used one up as well.
So that’s a total increase in the value of £257.30 and 20 items. Not a great start to the year.
As for skin care
|Body Lotion||£128.99 (14)||£115.99 (12)||-£13 (-2)|
|Body Scrub||£50 (6)||£38 (4)||-£12 (2)|
|Body Wash||£168.83 (26)||£162.33 (25)||-£6.50 (-1)|
|Cleansers||£351.61 (20)||£331.61 (20)||-£20 (0)|
|Eye Cream||£226.99 (7)||£154 (7)||-£72.99 (0)|
|Eye MakeUp Remover||£17.95 (3)||17.95 (3)||£0 (0)|
|Face Masks||£477.94 (21)||£630.99 (23)||£153.05 (2)|
|Face Oil||£209.90 (5)||£209.90 (5)||£0 (0)|
|Face Sprays||£24.00 (4)||£44.00 (6)||£20 (2)|
|Foot Cream||£9.50 (1)||£9.50 (1)||£0 (0)|
|Hand Cream||£112.48 (13)||£136.48 (17)||£24 (4)|
|Lip Balm||£58.42 (9)||£61.11 (10)||£2.69 (1)|
|Moisturizer||£280.15 (16)||£240.65 (14)||-£39.50 (-2)|
|Serum||£64 (4)||£64 (4)||£0 (0)|
|Toners||£61 (4)||£61 (4)||£0 (0)|
Any progress I might have made on this section has definitely been killed off by me listing the back-ups of my face masks but it had to be done. Most movement is items used up, the notable exceptions (excluding face masks) are the added facial sprays that I mistook for setting sprays and a few hand creams I got at Christmas.
Once I have used my one and only foot cream, it won’t be replaced. Instead, I’ll use my hand creams and once they’re depleted I’ll use my body lotions.
I don’t expect to see a lot of movement on the serums and facial oils as I use them for a month and then switch to a different one. So while it’d be nice I don’t see them changing by the end of the year. I have decided to do the same with the eye creams as well. So they’ll get used rather than gathering dust but I’m not likely to use any one of them up as a result.
Overall there has been an increase in the value of my skincare by £35.75 and an increase in the count by 6.
Which means the total value has increased by £293.05 and items by 26. Totally not the direction I wanted it to go, so definitely more work to be done.