Maleficent was the most recent Disney collaboration from MAC. I was lucky enough to be around when it went online and placed an order.
- True Love’s Kiss is a blood red amplified lipstick. It’s the same formulation as MAC’s other amplified lipsticks, with the same amazing amount of staying power and pigmentation.
- Anthurium is the blood red lip glass. It’s a super pigmented lip gloss with good staying power. It’s also not sticky like some can be. I don’t really like the applicator but I can work with it.
- Kiss Me Quick is the matching prolong wear pencil. It’s a perfect match to the lip glass and the lipstick. It helps increase the longevity of the lip glass, which makes it essential for me.
- The Maleficent shadows are a bit more hit and miss. The black is carbon, it’s possibly my least favourite black shadow ever and as you can see from the swatch it skips. Concrete is the next shade and I’m also not impressed with this one. It’s grey-brown in colour supposedly with a satin finish but I just couldn’t see it. Next to that is Ground Brown which is not surprisingly the colour of fresh mud. Much better pigmentation on this one. Lastly, there’s Goldmine. I adore this shade, it’s a warm gold and just the right amount of shimmer.
- Flaming Rose is a blood red polish that matches the lip products exactly. It has a good opacity but since I’ve not had a chance to wear it, I can’t comment on the chip resistance.
- Nocturnelle is a true black polish.
- Penultimate eyeliner in rapid black is so fine and I have nothing like it. I haven’t tested out how smudge proof it is but I’m looking forward to using it.
Just a quick review of these lovely products. I am glad I managed to get these. They do however remind me why I don’t purchase MAC shadows that often.